Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Divakar Singh
Subject Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema
Date
Re: Which gives good performance? separate database vs separate schema
List pgsql-performance
Hello Friends,
I have many instances of my software running on a server (Solaris SPARC). Each software instance requires some DB tables (same DDL for all instances' tables) to store data.
It essentially means that some processes from each instance of the software connect to these tables.
Now, should I put these tables in 1 Database's different schemas or in separate databases itself for good performance?
I am using libpq for connection.

Pictorial Representation:

Process1 -> DB1.schema1.table1

Process2 -> DB1.schema2.table1