Re: [ADMIN] Converting Data - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron J. Seigo
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Converting Data
Date
List pgsql-sql
hi...

ok, this is WAY off topic for the postgres list.

> I have 400 documents in Word for Mac format that I need to enter into my
> database, saving as much formatting as possible (italics, line breaks,
> superscripts for footnote markers, etc...).  What is the best way to convert
> this data, and how can I do it automatically?

go do a search at google.com or altavista.com... takes 5 minutes. example i
came up with on page 1of an altavista search:

http://www.hypernews.org/HyperNews/get/www/html/converters.html

hm. in particular: General Translator Archive (Rainbow) Electronic Book Technologies is providing a set of translators
tomove from proprietary word processor formats into various SGML         formats, including HTML.

check it out.

and pleast, next time, use the computer search engines, not attempt the use of
human ones on a list that has nothing to do with your issue.

> Any suggestions from the experts would be great!
> mike@fieldco.com            ^^^^^^^^^
one would hope a web-consulting firm offering databse integration _would_ be
experts *tongue in cheek*

> I am Canadian  :-)

so am i.. where abouts? i'm in calgary...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin