Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Wojciech Knapik <webmaster@wolniartysci.pl> writes:
>   I tested on 8.3.1 on G5/OSX 10.5.8 and Xeon/Gentoo AMD64-2008.0
> (2.6.21), then switched both installations to 8.3.8 (both packages
> compiled from source, but provided by the distro - port/emerge). The
> Polish dictionaries and config were created according to this article
> (it's in Polish, but the code is self-explanatory):

> http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2008/04/22/polish-tsearch-in-83-polski-tsearch-w-postgresie-83/

I tried to duplicate this test, but got no further than here:

u8=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY polish_ispell (   TEMPLATE = ispell,   DictFile = polish,   AffFile = polish,
StopWords= polish

);
ERROR:  syntax error
CONTEXT:  line 174 of configuration file "/home/tgl/testversion/share/postgresql/tsearch_data/polish.affix": "  L E C
               >       -C,G�EM         #zalec (15a)

"
u8=#

Seems there's something about the current version of the dictionary that
we don't like.  I used sjp-ispell-pl-20091117-src.tar.bz2 ...