Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Wojciech Knapik
Subject Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>   I tested on 8.3.1 on G5/OSX 10.5.8 and Xeon/Gentoo AMD64-2008.0
>> (2.6.21), then switched both installations to 8.3.8 (both packages
>> compiled from source, but provided by the distro - port/emerge). The
>> Polish dictionaries and config were created according to this article
>> (it's in Polish, but the code is self-explanatory):
>
>> http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2008/04/22/polish-tsearch-in-83-polski-tsearch-w-postgresie-83/
>
> I tried to duplicate this test, but got no further than here:
>
> u8=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY polish_ispell (
>     TEMPLATE = ispell,
>     DictFile = polish,
>     AffFile = polish,
>     StopWords = polish
> );
> ERROR:  syntax error
> CONTEXT:  line 174 of configuration file "/home/tgl/testversion/share/postgresql/tsearch_data/polish.affix": "  L E C
                 >       -C,GĹEM         #zalec (15a)
> "
> u8=#
>
> Seems there's something about the current version of the dictionary that
> we don't like.  I used sjp-ispell-pl-20091117-src.tar.bz2 ...

Here are the files I used (polish.affix, polish.dict already generated):
http://wolniartysci.pl/pl.tar.gz

These should work fine. I'd be grateful if you could test and see if you
get similar results.

cheers,
Wojciech Knapik

PS. Weird, I get the emails without a reply-to set for the list..