Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1
Date
In response to Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-patches
> 4) Your problems with tsearch and timestamp etc raise an interesting problem.
>    We don't need to mark this in pg_control because it's a purely a run-time
>    issue and doesn't affect on-disk storage.

Just for the record, that's wrong.  It's true that on-disk data isn't
affected, but the system catalog contents are, and they'd better match
what the postgres binary is going to do.

>    However it does affect ABI
>    compatibility with modules. Perhaps it should be added to
>    PG_MODULE_MAGIC_DATA.

Very good point, especially now that it's configurable.  Included
in committed patch.

            regards, tom lane