Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 21:24, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> My basic thinking is that rather than trying to fix pgFoundry or replace
> it with some single piece of software which addresses the 7 things
> people use pgfoundry for, we should instead look at those 7 services as
> *separate* web services for postgresql.org, and address them with
> separate, *simple* pieces of software.  Therefore:
>
> Source Code management:
>        git.postgresql.org

I actually think we should deprecate the use of git.postgresql.org for
anything other than postgresql repositories for people working on
patches and official community repos (like website code etc). We do a
much worse service than say github for general projects. As long as we
can solve the visibility part (and frankly, if you think pgfoundry
does a bad job at that, the git server doesn't even try)

> Listing and Searching of PG-related Software:
>        Software Catalog
>        search.pgan.org (for extensions)

So we're not making it a community project? ;)