Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 17:08, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> I though tit was the same one as for news on the website, which
>> specifically has:
>
>> " Other types of announcements, including minor releases, pricing changes,
>> leadership changes, 3rd-party news coverage, partnerships, and mergers &
>> acquisitions will be rejected. "
>
> 'k, mind falls under none of the above ... but, what exactly is '3rd party
> news coverage'?  And although I can see avoiding minor release announcments
> on the web page, I can't see why we'd restrict that on -announce except if
> its, like, a 'new release per week' kind of thing ...

The announce mailinglist gets delivered directly into the mailboxes of
tens of thousands of people. If anything that should be a lot *more*
restrictive than postings to the web.

Personally, I'd like to see -announce for *project news only*, and
have all third party stuff go on the website.