Re: Postgres and likewise authentication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Postgres and likewise authentication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 21:07, u235sentinel <u235sentinel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone has tried to link postgres authentication with a
> product called likewise.
>
> Likesoft software will allow a linux/unix system to authenticate against a
> windows domain.  I have it working on several flavors of linux and working
> on getting it tied into several samba shares.  I've heard there is a way to
> make it work with postgres but couldn't find any details.
>
> I'm curious if anyone has tried to do this and would love any tips :D

I've never heard of likewise, but PostgreSQL will natively
authenticate to a Windows domain using either LDAP or GSSAPI.

(Unless you're using a pre-windows2000 windows domain, but for your
own sake I really hope you don't...)