Re: Cannot paste text from eclipse 3.5 to PGAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Cannot paste text from eclipse 3.5 to PGAdmin III
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:14, Dave Page<dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Guillaume Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>
>> We are not yet compatible with 2.9.0. I began the work on that, but I'm afraid
>> this will be a hard work.
>
> That's what I was afraid of. I've heard they've done some pretty major
> redesign (hence the planned move from 2.x.x to 3.x.x).
>
> If we do move, I suspect we'll end up chasing new wxWidgets bugs for
> months to come as well. I was toying with the idea of keeping our own
> set of wxWidgets patchs, as there's also a nasty issue with the STC
> that Ashesh and Hiroshi have started looking into, but that doesn't
> help on platforms like Ubuntu and Fedora where users will be using the
> stock wxWidgets packages- and I whilst I could live with rolling our
> own custom wxWidgets tarball, I certainly don't want to do RPMs and
> DEBs etc.

If we have our own, couldn't we just link statically?

That said, I bet they have *other* patches in that are specific to
their distribution - they often do. And having to somehow end up
having to merge these things back and forth doesn't sound particularly
entertaining.

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/