Re: BUG #4938: upgrade to 8.4 issue - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #4938: upgrade to 8.4 issue
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 21:15, Anders Edstrom<ae58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A04938
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Anders Edstrom
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0ae58@yahoo.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3
> Operating system: =A0 Windows Vista
> Details:
>
> Hi,
>
> When I run the installation of postgresql 8.4 I'm prompted for password.
> When I issue the password I have for 8.3 (=3Ddbpass)I get an error message
> "invalid password" ??
>
> I don't understand how that is possible since its the only password I have
> ?

You should have one password for the service account and one for the
superuser. You are probably entering the password for the superuser -
it needs the service account.

> How can I reset the password so I can get the postgresql up and working
> again, i.e. I have also now tried to uninstall 8.3 but get the same messa=
ge
> of invalid password?

You can do this using the user management functions in the operating
system, or using the "NET USER" command on the commandprompt.

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Self: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/