Re: OO Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OO Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
>> Certainly libpq is unprepared to support
>> multiple tuple types returned in one SELECT

> IIRC Bruce removed that feature in Pg95 days claiming that it would
> not be needed. If backend starts to support it again it would be
> relatively easy to put back in.

Would it?  libpq's internals might not care much, but it seems to me
that a rather significant API change would be needed, thus risking
breaking client applications.  I'd want to see how the libpq API
changes before deciding how easy or hard this is ...