Re: [HACKERS] Variable block size... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From darrenk@insightdist.com (Darren King)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Variable block size...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Variable block size...  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > > Looks like this variable size stuff will be the first new feature
> > > for 6.4 then, eh? :)
> >
> >         What is the chance of having this ready by Friday?  Still would
> > give us 3weeks of debugging...
>
> Well, it's OK to leave _one_ feature for v6.4. Bruce is probably tired of typing
> the feature list :)
>
> Also, we still have a few loose ends for v6.3. But, I'll bet Darren's stuff can
> go in and not affect anything if we run using the current block size.

Great chance of having it by Friday if not sooner.  I'll get on it tonite.

Wasn't sure where the line in the sand was for "adding features" vs "fixing bugs."

Thanks,

Darren