Re: contrib/start-scripts/linux on Debian - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas F.O'Connell
Subject Re: contrib/start-scripts/linux on Debian
Date
List pgsql-hackers
So what is the thinking of HACKERS?

Does it make sense to include nothing and rather allow each
distribution to support its own?

Or should each distribution known to support postgres be invited to
submit the relevant script for inclusion? And, if so, should this be a
HACKERS [or other appropriate group/individual]-led effort?

I'm persisting just because no conclusive action was recommended, and I
think this is a mildly important usability issue. I don't know whether
altering this piece of contrib is something that would be relevant for
8.0...

-tfo