Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/22/17 05:44, Beena Emerson wrote:
> As stated above, the default 16MB has not changed and so we can take
> this separately and not as part of this patch.

It's good to have that discussion separately, but if we're planning to
do it for PG10 (not saying we should), then we should have that
discussion very soon.  Especially if we would be shipping a default
configuration where the mapping of files to LSNs fails, which will
require giving users some time to adjust.