Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime()
Date
Re: log_filename_prefix --> log_filename + strftime()  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgsql-patches
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Attached is a patch which replaces the 'log_filename_prefix' configuration
> directive with a similar 'log_filename' directive.
>    + changes the default log filename to exclude the PID;

This would be better stated as "makes it impossible to use the PID
in the file name".  While I'm prepared to grant that it may not be
necessary to do so in many scenarios, I'm not very happy with
arbitrarily removing the ability ... especially without giving any
justification.

            regards, tom lane