Re: Making the regression tests locale-proof - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Making the regression tests locale-proof
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> writes:
> HPUX's behaviour is broken, because in spanish LL (as well as CH)
> stopped being a special symbol some five years ago (it used to be
> treated as one collating element sorted after "L", so HPUX behaviour was
> right then).

Well, this is an old release ;-) ... the localedef files are dated
around 1996.  (And you don't want to know how long it's been since
I could speak passable Spanish.)

In any case, the fact that the official rules have changed does not
invalidate my point: there are systems on which the assumption Peter
wants to make will fail.