Re: bug message not CC'ing poster - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: bug message not CC'ing poster
Date
Re: bug message not CC'ing poster  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-www
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I'm just guessing the behavior was changed to keep form emails from
> being delayed via non-subscribed emails trying to post to the list?

Dunno, delay was never a problem with the old implementation.  I think
Marc may have some special case in place in the mail list software
to allow bug-form reports to pass through.  Marc?

I'd prefer the From: line to get fixed anyway.  Even though setting a
reply-to line would suffice for getting a reply's To: field correct,
it would not help the problem that quote insertion produces
    pgsql-bugs writes:
rather than
    <submittername> writes:
which is really the polite way to phrase it.

            regards, tom lane