Re: configure and DocBook XML - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure and DocBook XML
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 10:29:24AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> To me, it makes sense to have an option to do that, but I do find it
>> surprising that it's the default.

> But there is no need for an option, right?  It is already possible to
> override the location where xmllint looks for the catalogs by setting
> SGML_CATALOG_FILES and XML_CATALOG_FILES.

But the issue here is about what happens when you don't have a local
copy of the DTD.  I don't think adjusting those variables will
change that.

Anyway, I think that the other thread is coming to the conclusion
that it's okay to just document how to inject --nonet via configure,
so we don't need to touch the makefiles.  As long as we get rid of
the unrequested network fetch during configure, it's okay by me if an
actual attempt to build the docs will possibly cause a network fetch.