Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dropping a master table and all of its partitions?
Date
List pgsql-general
> George Nychis wrote:
>> Sure I can do that, but why is this happening?  Is this normal behavior?

> Well that is the better question. If it is indeed doing what you say it
> is doing, I would say it is a bug. However you have not mentioned
> several important items, like what postgresql version you are running.

Or even more to the point, the table schemas.  I would guess that this
could be related to any number of things; perhaps the number of foreign
keys involved, to take one example.

In short: please provide a test case.

            regards, tom lane