Re: PostgreSQL Virtual Machines - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Virtual Machines
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering what people thought about having virtual machines
> available for download (VMware, Xen, kvm, etc.) in addition to having
> livecd's?  I figure at least the same basic idea as the livecd to have
> many PostgreSQL related software pre-installed and ready to run. I
> think it would be good to have more options for how PostgreSQL can be
> tried.

I suspect you're asking in order to get feedback on whether or not other
people think it's a good idea.  Don't do that.  Just do it.

Seriously.

If *you* think it's a good idea, go ahead.  That's what is important.
What
*you* think.  Just put one together, and put it out there.  Then ask
people
what they time about that.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/