Re: Warning about the 8.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Warning about the 8.4 release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Most of the entries are quite frankly junk,

> That was the same reaction Tom had.  Again, many might be junk, but is
> it 100% junk.  What about:

>     8.4 - psql output for \l
    Done (and this is on the commitfest page anyway)

>     Overriding Kerberos parameters
    Just submitted 4 days ago, and anyway Magnus is    quite capable of committing it for himself

>     HAVE_FSEEKO for WIN32
    Proposes moving win32-only code into port.h,    which is 100% wrong IMHO

>     stat() vs cygwin
    According to the thread, no one but you thinks there's a    problem.

>     Memory mess introduced by recent funcapi.c patch
    Fixed

>     The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
    Fixed

>     So what's an "empty" array anyway?
    Blue-sky discussion about a fundamental behavior change    that should certainly not be put into 8.4 in a rush.

As-is, this list is completely unhelpful.  It looks like you've dumped
all your unread mail onto this page and asked the rest of us to sort it
for you.  I'm sorry, but I've got other things to do.