Re: Warning about the 8.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Warning about the 8.4 release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2009 18:49:00 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > If people have further updates please, please send them (with subject
> > headings please).
>
> Most of the entries are quite frankly junk, either already committed, already
> rejected, patches not under consideration, irrelevant discussions, or
> completely silly, e.g.,
>
> 261. Warning about the 8.4 release

That was the same reaction Tom had.  Again, many might be junk, but is
it 100% junk.  What about:
8.4 - psql output for \lOverriding Kerberos parametersHAVE_FSEEKO for WIN32stat() vs cygwinMemory mess introduced by
recentfuncapi.c patchThe suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectlySo what's an "empty" array anyway?

I just picked those at random.  And again, though they are not required
for the release, they appeared during 8.4 development and should be
fixed now, if possible.

http://enterprisedb.com