Re: pg_statistic doesnt contain details for specific table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nimesh Satam
Subject Re: pg_statistic doesnt contain details for specific table
Date
List pgsql-performance
Michael,

Following is the output of Vacuum analze on the same table:

psql =# VACUUM ANALYZE verbose cam_attr;
INFO:  vacuuming "public.cam_attr"
INFO:  index "cam_attr_pk" now contains 11829 row versions in 63 pages
DETAIL:  0 index pages have been deleted, 0 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  "cam_attr": found 0 removable, 11829 nonremovable row versions in 103 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 236 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO:  analyzing "public.cam_attr"
INFO:  "cam_attr": scanned 103 of 103 pages, containing 11829 live rows and 0 dead rows; 6000 rows in sample, 11829 estimated total rows
VACUUM

Also how do we check if the statistics are set to Zero for the table?

Regards,
Nimesh.

On 6/11/07, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 02:28:32PM +0530, Nimesh Satam wrote:
> We have already used analyze command on the table.
> We have also ran the vacuum analyze command.
>
> But they are not helping.

Is there any data in the table?  What does ANALYZE VERBOSE or VACUUM
ANALYZE VERBOSE show for this table?  Is there any chance that
somebody set all of the columns' statistics targets to zero?

--
Michael Fuhr