Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refer to a TOKEN_USER payload as a "token user, " not as a "user - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Refer to a TOKEN_USER payload as a "token user, " not as a "user
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
>> I see some advantages of writing "TokenUser", as you propose.  However, our
>> error style guide says "Avoid mentioning called function names, either;
>> instead say what the code was trying to do."  Mentioning an enumerator name is
>> morally similar to mentioning a function name.

> That's a fair point, but it doesn't mean we should use a different
> spelling for the enumerator name to avoid that piece of the policy.  I
> certianly don't see "token user" as saying "what the code was trying to
> do" in this case.

FWIW, "token user" conveys entirely inappropriate, politically incorrect
connotations to me ;-).  I don't have any great suggestions on what to use
instead, but I share Stephen's unhappiness with the wording as-committed.