Re: Optimize mul_var() for var1ndigits >= 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Jacobson
Subject Re: Optimize mul_var() for var1ndigits >= 8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 4, 2024, at 09:22, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Sept 2024 at 21:31, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
>> > Ah, OK. I've pushed a fix.
>>
>> There is an open CF entry pointing at this thread [1].
>> Shouldn't it be marked committed now?
>>

> Oops, yes I missed that CF entry. I've closed it now.
>
> Joel, are you still planning to work on the Karatsuba multiplication
> patch? If not, we should close that CF entry too.

No, I think it's probably not worth it given that we have now optimises mul_var() in other ways. Will maybe have a look
atit again in the future. Patch withdrawn for now.

Thanks for really good guidance and help on the numeric, much fun and I've learned a lot.

/Joel