Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Microsoft Access is the guilty party, IIRC.

> Which verison?  I work with MSAccess 97 a lot, and the supported syntax
> is "IS NULL".

In our last go-round on this (pghackers around 14 Jan 2001),
Mike Mascari wrote:

: I don't have Office 2000, but I can confirm Access 97 generates such
: queries. The query-builder doesn't generate the 'key = NULL' query, but the
: use of the Forms interface does.
        regards, tom lane