Re: Let's drop two obsolete features which are bear-traps for novices - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Let's drop two obsolete features which are bear-traps for novices
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-11-01 15:33:27 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> With current usage of hash indexes, nobody would ever construct such an
>> arrangement

> Do you think this should only be implemented for hash indexes? I'd think
> we'd do it for all existing index AMs?

I think we should eventually get to that point, perhaps.  I'd want to do
it first for hash, since that's what direly needs it.  I can see the value
of doing it for btree as well, but I'm less sure that the other index
types would have enough usage to justify the work.