Re: Let's drop two obsolete features which are bear-traps for novices - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Let's drop two obsolete features which are bear-traps for novices
Date
Re: Let's drop two obsolete features which are bear-traps for novices  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-11-01 15:33:27 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> With current usage of hash indexes, nobody would ever construct such an
> arrangement

Do you think this should only be implemented for hash indexes? I'd think
we'd do it for all existing index AMs?

I'm not all that excited about unlogged hash indexes. Yes, that'll
remove a annoying hazard, but I probably won't use them anyway. I am
somewhat excited about the more general unlogged indexes feature.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services