Re: User with BYPASSRLS privilege can't change password - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: User with BYPASSRLS privilege can't change password
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Is the nuance that in reality a non-superuser cannot specify BypassRLS even
> if the effective value is unchanged unimportant here?

I was wondering about that.  You could definitely make a case for a
weaker set of rules here.  However, the superuser restriction has been
like that for 15-ish years without much complaint, so it doesn't seem
that it bothers people in practice.

            regards, tom lane