Re: [HACKERS] 'text' instead of 'unknown' in Postgres 10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 'text' instead of 'unknown' in Postgres 10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/7/17 9:16 AM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> Thank you for the clarification: I will assume the behaviour cannot be
> maintained on PG 10 and think whether the treatment of '{}' is too
> magical and drop it instead.

BTW, I would hope that passing '{}' into a defined array field still
works, since an empty array isn't treated the same as NULL, which means
you need some way to create an empty array.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)