Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] %2$, %1$ gettext placeholder replacement is not working under Win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] %2$, %1$ gettext placeholder replacement is not working under Win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I don't think we'll hold up release to fix this, but the affected
> translators may want to think about whether they can avoid the problem
> or not.

Also, it looks like src/port/snprintf.c is not %n$ capable either.
I'm not sure which platforms that affects.

A possible route to a solution is to upgrade snprintf.c and then use
it on platforms that don't have this support.  This only fixes those
cases where we go through snprintf, which is probably not all of the
affected messages, but it might be enough.  It's not happening for
8.0.0 though.