Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 12/9/21 02:10, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2021 at 10:49:28PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Could you expand on why it doesn't work? As far as I can tell tar is shipped
>> with windows these days, and %SYSTEMROOT%/system32/tar.exe should point to
>> that tar?
> FWIW, my Windows 10 VM, that I got from Microsoft a couple of years
> ago, does not ship it in this location, simply, even after updates.

That's odd. What edition of Windows 10 do you have? If it's not Pro I
could understand it. I just checked and every Windows 10 machine I have
here has it - and some of them are quite old.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan