Re: Upgrade strangeness on win 32bit - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Daniel Homerick
Subject Re: Upgrade strangeness on win 32bit
Date
List pgsql-odbc
What we do with our installers (which I believe is correct) is to keep the ProductUpgradeCode constant between
versions,while updating the ProductId to a new UUID with each release.

 - Dan
Dan Homerick               daniel.homerick@2d3sensing.com
Software Engineer            Tel: 650-627-7624
2d3Sensing                 http://www.2d3sensing.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Marco Gaiarin
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:39 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Upgrade strangeness on win 32bit

Mandi! Hiroshi Inoue
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Oops sorry, I forgot to change the ProductCode.
> Is it better to change it even after the release?

I'm not a programmer, and every software developer do with ProductCode what they want: oracle/sun have a base fixed
UUIDand change only some part, adobe keep ProductCode between major release for the reader, but change it at every
releasefor flash. Bah.

I hope there's a more knowledgable people on MSI format here... ;)))

> The structure of 64bit psqlodbc driver package is different from the
> 32bit one.

Ok, it is perfectly clear now. Thanks. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

       http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php