Re: [Off-topic, Meta-question] Problems with psql-general list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Off-topic, Meta-question] Problems with psql-general list
Date
List pgsql-general
Allan Engelhardt <allane@cybaea.com> writes:
> 1. Am I the only one who are having problems with the listerver not honouring the NOMAIL option?

Marc said yesterday that he'd been forced to rebuild the subscriber list
for pgsql-general.  Sounds like your NOMAIL preference got lost in the
shuffle :-(.  You should be able to reconfigure it the way you want by
issuing the appropriate command to majordomo.

> 2. The list (comp.databases.posrgresql.general) seems to have been
> removed from several downstream NNTP servers.  Anybody know why, and,
> again, am I the only one with this problem?

AFAIK the comp.databases.postgresql newsgroups are not recognized Usenet
groups, because no one ever bothered with going through the standard
voting procedure for them.  Accordingly, they won't be present on
servers that are maintained by-the-book.  You'll need to find a server
whose newsadmin has specifically chosen to carry them.

            regards, tom lane