Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches
Date
Re: Why polecat and colugos are failing to build back branches
List pgsql-hackers
> On 06/14/2011 05:45 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've committed patches that fix these issues on my own OS X machine,

> Well, OSX is just using our usual *nix paraphernalia, so if it's broken
> won't all such platforms probably be broken too?

Yes, certainly.  The reason I specified OS X in particular is that I
only tested the darwin branch of Makefile.shlib.  The -install_name
switch that was the problem there is specific to OS X, but I wouldn't
be surprised if some of the other branches have their own platform-
specific issues.

> I'd actually bet a modest amount MSVC is less broken

Very possibly, but unless it's being tested it's no sure bet.