Re: RegisterSharedInvalid? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RegisterSharedInvalid?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Gordan Bobic" <gordan@freeuk.com> writes:
> NOTICE: RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow
> NOTICE: InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset

> Is this bad/dangerous? What can I do to correct the problem?

No, it's really just a debugging message that we never got around
to downgrading to DEBUG level ... once upon a time that condition
was risky, but I think it is safe now.

If you see this a *lot* then you might have a performance problem
due to catcache getting flushed all the time.  An occasional
occurrence is not something to worry over, however.

            regards, tom lane