Re: problem running initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Miller
Subject Re: problem running initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
This is the first version of PostgreSQL I have _ever_ installed on this
machine, so there are no existing libraries.  As well, I tried -L
/usr/pgsql/lib and that didn't help the situation either.  I have also added
/usr/pgsql/bin to the path with no luck.

I am running postgresql-7.0.3, which appears to be the latest version of the
release that is not still considered beta.

Please help me out if you have any ideas
--
Mike

]]]/usr/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/pgsql/data
This database system will be initialized with username "postgres".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on pre-existing data directory /usr/pgsql/data
Creating database system directory /usr/pgsql/data/base
Creating database XLOG directory /usr/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /usr/pgsql/data/base/template1
ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Creating global relations in /usr/pgsql/data/base
ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR:  Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Adding template1 database to pg_database
/usr/pgsql/bin/initdb: line 481:   739 Segmentation fault
"$PGPATH"/postgres $BACKENDARGS template1 <"$TEMPFILE"

initdb failed.