win1250 encoding troubles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Boris Pran
Subject win1250 encoding troubles
Date
List pgsql-general
I believe that this issue has been discussed already, but I couldn't find a
straight answer to my problem...

I am running 7.0.3 on RH6.2

I have created a database: CREATE DATABASE test WITH ENCODING='win1250';
and the database list really shows that the database is encoded with
win1250.

I also have another dbase encoded with SQL_ASCII which does it's job
correctly if I am using iso8859-2 on my Linux box.

I connect to the first dbase from MS Access 97 using ODBC and I enter few
entries to a table. Everything seemed ok by that moment.
But when I tried to sort it the result was completely wrong.
I tried it with client_encoding set to 'win1250' and it didn't change
anything. It doesn't sort correctly.

Does anybody know why ?
Any suggestions appreciated...

Thanks,