RE: [INTERFACES] 6.5beta1 configure error "host type unrecogized" on linux2.0.34_i486 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Davis
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] 6.5beta1 configure error "host type unrecogized" on linux2.0.34_i486
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I had to remove several sub directories to get the compile to complete.  The
make script was trying to create symbolic links to several pre-existing
directories.  Sorry I don't recall which directories.  The directory names
were clear as I carefully reviewed the compile error messages.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:    James Miller [SMTP:bmg_jmiller@yahoo.com]
    Sent:    Friday, April 09, 1999 3:08 AM
    To:    pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
    Subject:    [INTERFACES] 6.5beta1 configure error "host type
unrecogized" on linux2.0.34_i486

    Thanks for everyone's assistance with my access
    porting issues.

    I decided to plunge and download that 6.5beta1.  I
    didn't make it past the configure and wanted to find
    out if anyone else had experienced this.  It's late
    and I will fiddle with it tomorrow but maybe it's not
    just the bed-bugs biting...

    [root@carbon src]#  ./configure
    --with-template=linux_i386 --with-mb=UNICODE --w
    ith-odbc  --with-tcl --with-perl --enable-locale
    creating cache ./config.cache
    checking host system type... configure: error: can not
    guess host type; you must
     specify one
    [root@carbon src]#

    Specifing --host --build --target with no other
    options didn't go either.  I'm assuming everyone else
    is compiling this fine?
    --
    James dot Miller at BMGSeltec another_dot com