Re: PG Windows - Installer Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG Windows - Installer Error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> When upgrading pg 8.4.1 to 8.4.2 the following error message appeared:
>
> -Error-
>
> [quote]"Error copying file from package archive
> (...)/postgresql-8.4.2-1-windows.exe to (...)/bin/comerr32.dll[/quote]
>
> After selecting retry, the install process completes successfully.

That's not necessarily a problem, it usually means something was still
using that DLL. pgAgent maybe, or pgAdmin?

> P.S.
>
> I tried posting this to the enterprisedb forums but I get the
> following error message when submitting the post:
>
> An error has occurred.
>
> For detailed error information, please see the HTML source code, and
> contact the forum Administrator.
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException

Odd - they were working earlier today. I've passed this onto the
infrastructure guys responsible so they check double-check for any
problems.

--
Dave Page