Re: next CommitFest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: next CommitFest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:15 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>> Personally, I would not propose to impose this rule of first-time
>> contributors, or even second-time contributors.  But by about patch #3
>> I think everyone should be pitching in.
>
> I hate to ask, but how would we enforce this?  Do we no longer apply
> patches for 3rd-time submitters who have not reviewed?  That seems to be
> hurting us more than them.   Are we prepared to discard valid patches
> for this reason?

What about people who contribute hours and hours of their time in
other ways? Are they required to contribute even more of their time to
review as well, just to help their own occasional code contributions
get through the process?

(yes, I am thinking largely of me, working tens of hours per week on
Postgres, but perhaps submiting one relatively small patch per
release)

--
Dave Page