Re: Cannot paste text from eclipse 3.5 to PGAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Cannot paste text from eclipse 3.5 to PGAdmin III
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Mark Murawski<kobaz@kobaz.net> wrote:
> Also, along the lines of pasting...
>
> You can't copy text from a query editor using the "select a region" method
> that's standard in X (where you select a bit of text, and then middle click
> in another window to paste).. This kills the ability to paste into xterms
> from the query window.  But, if you ctrl-c the query text, and paste it into
> the scratch pad, and *then* select from the scratch pad.  You can middle
> click paste into an xterm.

Unfortunately we're largely at the mercy of the version of the
Scintilla text control that wxWidgets ships when it comes to
copy/paste. We are looking into ways we might update it independently
however, as there are other issues that are fixed in the upstream
sources that haven't made it into wxWidgets yet.

--
Dave Page