Re: Archives policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Archives policy
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>> Can I get comments/objections/opinions on this draft policy please?
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Archives_Policy
>
> Hmm, the first section suggests that there are cases where we will
> de-archive messages, and then the second lays out all the reasons
> why we won't and why it's useless to ask.  So I'm still confused
> what the policy is.  I would be happy with a policy that says
> "The archives are graven on stone tablets.  Don't bother asking."
> but if we are willing to editorialize in extreme cases then maybe
> the second part needs to be modified.

I don't think we can refuse if there is anything illegal, defamatory,
extremist, pornographic etc. It's everything else that should be set
in stone though I think.

I've since found similar policies on other sites (thanks Stefan) which
might useful to look at/borrow. The W3C's for example seems pretty
good: http://www.w3.org/Mail/ArchiveEditingPolicy

--
Dave Page