Re: Archives policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Archives policy
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I would be happy with a policy that says
>> "The archives are graven on stone tablets. �Don't bother asking."
>> but if we are willing to editorialize in extreme cases then maybe
>> the second part needs to be modified.

> I don't think we can refuse if there is anything illegal, defamatory,
> extremist, pornographic etc.

Why not?  As you point out, there are many copies of our archives,
so it'd be pretty useless to edit one.  Also, illegal according to
whose law, or pornographic in whose eyes?  I think saying we'll do
that is just inviting tin-hat censorship attempts.
        regards, tom lane