Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Exactly my point: it is not a value-add for Postgres Plus, which was the
> only value-add you mentioned. Those features either work with standard
> Postgres distro, or they are not available unless you use the non-free,
> non-open distro.

Some clarification:

Postgres Plus Advanced Server:

Is neither free, or open source. It includes Dynatune, Oracle
compatibility & migration features, GridSQL and other tools. It is
produced by EnterpriseDB.

Postgres Plus Standard Server:

Is free and open source. It includes installation-time tuning based on
Dynatune. It includes pgAdmin, PostGIS, Slony, psqlODBC pgJDBC and
other apps in the package. iirc, the Linux build also include GridSQL
and pgMemcache. It is produced by EnterpriseDB.

PostgreSQL:

Is free and open source. The one-click installers are produced by
EnterpriseDB and include pgAdmin and StackBuilder. StackBuilder will
download and install lots of additional packages, including the Tuning
Wizard which is based on Dynatune. There are also disto-specific
builds of PostgreSQL available for various platforms, including a
comprehensive set of RPMs (maintained by Devrim at Command Prompt).
Those packages are built by a number of other community members.

--
Dave Page