Re: Missing bug-report numbers? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Missing bug-report numbers?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> There's somebody over in pgsql-bugs complaining about lack of response
> to his bug report #4593.  Well, no such bug number came by here, nor is
> it in the archives.  The adjacent bug numbers are also missing, and I
> notice quite a few other gaps.  What might be the cause of missing
> bug numbers?

Many are spam. Because we don't require a community registration to
log bugs, we often got junk submissions from bots/idiots. Because the
form sends the bugs as though they were from the submitter, most are
then caught in the moderation queue where they get zapped. It's
possible that a real one got lost that way of course.

I'd prefer to require a community account, but others have wanted to
keep the bug-reporting bar as low as possible in the past.

--
Dave Page