Re: Where to Host Project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Where to Host Project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> > That's kind of what I'm doing now. But I'm wondering if I should
>> > bother with pgFoundry at all. It seems pretty dead (see Josh Berkus's
>> > reply).
>
> Actually, pgFoundry remains extremely popular.  Currently, we're getting an
> average of 2-3 new projects a week.
>
> The issue with pgFoundry is that it's based on a hacked version of the
> GForge code, which had legacy problems to begin with and is now no longer
> upgradable.  And while lots of people want to complain about it, nobody
> wants to put in the 15-25 hours of work required to fix it up so that it
> supports SVN and code snippets (including me).

Well that's not strictly true - I persuaded one of the GForge
developers to work on the upgrade. As far as I'm aware, we're still
waiting for the hardware/OS platform to be sorted out after some
initial problems. I suspect JD will tell me something different though
- that being the case, perhaps we can work out the issues and get on
with the upgrade.

--
Dave Page