Re: Split ftp distributions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Split ftp distributions
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 7. März 2008 schrieb Dave Page:
> > 2) Some things like the snapshot builds have specific 'owners', so we
> > tend to ignore anything that is "someone else's territory"
>
> I was thinking it might be good if all people in the dev (or some other) group
> had sudo access to a common account, which might be pgsql, to run these cron
> jobs under.  As another example, I run the documentation build and some other
> things under my personal account.  I'd love give other people access to
> co-maintain these things, but I don't know a good permission structure to do
> that.  I have also had the desire to fix some things in the snapshot builds
> in the past, but it is a mess to coordinate that between the makefiles and
> Marc's personal scripts.

We do tend to do that for all the stuff we deploy now. The main
exception to the rule is Marc's stuff that's been in place for many
years which is run from his own, largely undocumented scripts (hint
hint :-) ).

developer.postgresql.org in general is a bit of a mess though as it's
grown from being the one box that did everything, and is now shrinking
again as we migrate services off and onto their own VMs. I'd like to
get to the stage where we can remove it altogether.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com