Re: Split ftp distributions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Split ftp distributions
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> > On a serious note the reason I would assume that it is not done is that
> > only one person knows how and it isn't myself, stefan, dave or magnus.
>
> Actually, it wasn't done because I don't htink anyone noticed the request .. as
> to stefan, dave or magnus, they have all root access to the VPS in question,
> and know how to use cron to find out what script gets called (hint: its called
> mk-snapshot) and could have very easily modified the script ...

Actually I think there are two problems at work here:

1) We're all pretty busy, and often ignore messages when we're
particularly busy on the assumption that someone else will pick them
up.

2) Some things like the snapshot builds have specific 'owners', so we
tend to ignore anything that is "someone else's territory"

We need to get better at not doing those things - one solution would
be to give Bruce access to PMT so he can log tickets that we can't
ignore or miss so easily.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com