Re: pgAgent stand alone - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAgent stand alone
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 21/01/2008, M Lubratt <mplubratt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm currently running PostgreSQL on a production server and a development
> server.  Another function of the development server is to do daily backups
> of the production server.  I'd really like to do this with pgAgent.
> However, I can't seem to figure out how to compile/install only pgAgent.  I
> don't have X windows on the development server (FreeBSD 6.3) and never plan
> to.  I'm running pgAdmin from another machine entirely.
>
> Is there a way to compile and install only pgAgent?  It seems to me that its
> function is sufficiently separate from pgAdmin that a standalone
> distribution would be warranted.

It is planned to seperate out pgAgent, but for now we haven't done
that. It should build and link such that it can run without X/GTK etc.
but you will need to compile on a box with it installed, and then move
the binary across.

Regards, Dave.